There are a zillion options to season your turkey, but let’s just stop here for a second and talk about this Rosemary Dijon Roast Turkey. First, we brined it, second it was rubbed down with Rosemary Dijon blend and basted several times through the roasting process with butter and the pan jus. The cavity was filled with halved oranges and fresh herbs and let me tell you, this bird was so juicy (thanks to the brining technique) and flavorful that it was gone in a flash. Whether you’re a STUFFED or an UNSTUFFED, we have a quick cooking time guide for you below to help you roast your best bird.
- 12 lb turkey, natural and not injected with salt water solution
- 8 oz unsalted butter, room temperature and divided
- 3–4 tablespoons Rosemary Dijon blend
- Fresh Herbs (like rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley)
- Brine your turkey for 12-24 hours. Here’s a recipe
- Rinse the brined turkey under cold running water, inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels. Place the turkey in a roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix 4 tablespoons butter with 4 tablespoons Rosemary Dijon blend until combined. Using your hands, rub the butter mixture all over the exterior of the bird. Fill the cavity with sliced oranges and herbs.
- Roast, basting with remaining butter, for 2:45-3 hours, or until a thermometer reads 170ºF in the breast or 180ºF in the thigh.