- 2-3 tablespoons Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero Rub
- 1 small acorn squash (could substitute Delicata squash, or any other squash with an edible skin)
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- ½ a lemon
- ½ a bunch kale, stripped and roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese; mozzarella, parmesan and/or white cheddar recommended
- 2 cups heavy cream
- pinch salt and pepper
- +can be topped with fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and spray a ceramic baking dish. (preferably with a lid, if not make sure you have foil)
- Prep your squash by cutting it in half, removing any seeds, slicing those halves into quarters and then into slices. Strip and cut your kale, then slice your half onion and combine everything into a baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine your heavy cream, cheese, juice of half a lemon, honey habanero with a hearty pinch of salt and pepper. Once combined, pour over your veggies, giving it a lite mix, topping again with some pepper.
- Place a lid on your dish, or foil, and place in the oven for 22-30 minutes.
- Then remove your foil, and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the sauce is nice and bubbly, and the cheese has begun to turn golden brown, it’s ready to serve!
Suggested Wine Pairing: 2019 Courtney Benham Chardonnay Oak Knoll AVA Napa Valley