Adobo Honey Pork Tacos Recipe
- Recipe by: Matt Broussard @acooknamedmatt
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Time: 6 hours
- 340g (about 2 3/4 cups) flour
- 175G warm water
- 65G clarified butter or lard
- Mix all ingredients for about three minutes.
- Let rest at room temp for ten minutes
- Portion out into equal size balls
- Roll out on a generously flour surface
- Cook on a well-seasoned skillet
- When bubbles form and expand give it a flip
- Keep warm in a towel and enjoy
- 5 lbs pork butt/shoulder
- Spiceology Adobo Honey Rub, to taste
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 lime
- 2 cups water or chix stock
- salt, to taste
- Rub pork shoulder with Adobo Honey Rub and marinate for at least an hour.
- Roast off in a 500°F oven on a rack and sheet tray for ten minutes till nice color is achieved.
- Place into a Dutch oven lined with Banana Leaf and pour in the water/stock.
- Add sliced onion and lime then cover with banana leaf and bake at 300°F till fork tender. About five hours.
- Shred the pork and season with salt to taste!
Salsa Verde Crema
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa from empanada video
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt to taste