Adobo Honey Braised Pork Recipe
- Recipe by: Derek Wolf | @overthefirecooking
- Difficulty level: Easy
Prep Time – 1 hour
Cook Time – 3 hours
Marinade Time – 4-24 hours
- 1 pork shoulder, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Derek Wolf’s Adobo Honey Rub
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Aji Panca Paste
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 oranges, juiced
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 12 ounces of beer
- 1 red onion, cubed
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- In a large bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients and place in fridge to marinate for 4-24 hours.
- Heat your grill to medium temperature (about 300F) and add your dutch oven to preheat.
- Take out pork from fridge and discard excess marinade. Add pork to preheated dutch oven and sear for 3-4 minutes. Once seared, add all braise ingredients, mix and cover to cook with a simmer for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- After 2 hours, pull off cover and simmer for an additional 1 hour or until pork
pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Once done, pull pork off grill. Add pork over top a bowl of rice and top with
cilantro if desired. Enjoy!