2022 Golden Tongs Sweepstakes
The Spiceology 2022 Golden Tongs Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) shall only be entered in or from the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry.
1. How to Enter. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. This is not a skill-based Sweepstakes, and chance does play a part in the determination of the winners.
Method of Entry 1 (Sweepstakes only): To automatically enter the Sweepstakes, entrant must make a purchase of any amount or product on Spiceology.com or Foodservice.Spiceology.com during the month of May 2022. All purchase submissions shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as the “Submissions” or individually as a “Submission.”
Method of Entry 2 (Sweepstakes only): Eligible individuals who wish to enter the Sweepstakes without purchase, email [email protected] with their full name, address and phone number. Limit one email/entry per person. Personal information collected from entrant is used only for the purpose of the Sweepstakes and will not be re-used, sold or shared in any manner, unless entrant agrees to receive further information on Sponsor’s or prize partner’s products and promotions. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter sweepstakes is prohibited.
2. Submission Requirements.
Method of Entry 2: Entries made with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or through the use of any agent or other device or artifice to enter multiple times will be deemed invalid. Participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Mechanically reproduced, illegible or incomplete entries will not be eligible. All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person and prizes can only be awarded to the person whose name is listed on the entry. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error or technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any computer equipment or software, or any combination thereof, or for lost, stolen, late or misdirected entries.
All entries become the property of the Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names and photographs/likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. Upon request, Winners agree to consent to such in writing.
3. Start / End Dates. Sweepstakes shall begin at 09:00 AM PST on May 1, 2022, and shall end at 11:59 PM PST on May 31, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. Eligibility. Only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are, at the time of entry, 18 years of age or older are eligible to enter Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and its affiliates, its advertising and promotional agencies, its judging organization, manufacturers, or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, and spouses) are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. This Sweepstakes is intended to be viewed solely within the United States and the rights and
obligation herein shall be governed by, and construed and evaluated in accordance with, the laws of the United States. Entrants are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if entrants are not located within the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. Winner Determination. The Prize winners will be determined in three (3) random drawings from among valid entries. The drawings will be held on May 17, 2022, May 24, 2022 and May 31, 2022, by representatives of Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received by May 17, 2022, May 24, 2022 and May 31, 2022. Subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules, three (3) grand prize winners will be selected at random.
6. Prize Details. Three (3) grand prizes (“Prizes”) will be awarded, consisting of:
- a roundtrip airfare for two (2) adults to Spokane, WA, arriving on Friday, July 15, 2022 and departing on Sunday, July 17, 2022 (USD approximate retail value may vary and is based on availability; Prize is at Sponsor’s sole discretion).
- a two (2)-night stay at a Spokane hotel based on availability, check in Friday, July 15, 2022 and check out Sunday, July 17, 2022 (USD approximate retail value may vary and is based on availability; Prize is at Sponsor’s sole discretion).
- Visit and tour of Spiceology lab where they will meet staff and Over the Fire Cooking’s Derek Wolf to formulate a custom BBQ spice blend
Winner must agree to be bound by these Official Rules as a condition of being awarded the Prize. Prize does not include federal, state, and local taxes, which shall be the winner’s sole responsibility. Prize can be transferred at discretion of entrant and Sponsor. Prize cannot be assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any portion thereof with a Prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen Prizes.
7. Notification. Winners chosen via random drawings on May 17, 2022, May 24, 2022 and May 31, 2022, will be contacted directly via email. Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) calendar
days of Prize notification. If winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) calendar days of first notification attempt, winner fails to return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release as specified above, if Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her Prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes Official Rules and requirements, such Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Once winner has signed and returned the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and his/her eligibility has been confirmed, Prize will be delivered.
8. Use of Winner’s Name; Limitation of Liability. Winner agrees that (except where prohibited) Sponsor may use winner’s name, picture, portrait, likeness, address (city and state), biographical information, statements, and voice in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and promotional purposes without further notice or compensation. Sponsor, its promotional and advertising agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by winner for any damage, loss, liability or injury to person or property, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasions of privacy, and merchandise delivery. ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES BUT IN NO EVENT INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Washington, City and County of Spokane. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAW RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of Spokane in the State of Washington. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may award Prize in a random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension or take such other action as Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole discretion. Sponsor and its promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for: technical, hardware, software, telephone, or other communications malfunctions, errors, or failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; website, Internet, or ISP unavailability; unauthorized human intervention; fraud; or incomplete, garbled, inaccurate, or delayed computer transmissions or capture of entry information whether caused by Sponsor, entrants, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage an entrant’s computer or system or limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes or affect the determination of the winners. No automatic, programmed, robotic, or similar means of entry are permitted; any such attempted form of entry is prohibited. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering with the entry process, cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including without limitation the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and subject to federal, state, and local laws. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY
BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. Taxes. All federal, state, and local taxes and other tax obligations are the responsibility of the winners, as applicable. Winners should consult with their tax advisor for any tax obligations associated with the Prize.
10. Conditions. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant and winner agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, (“Released Entities”) from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation property damage, personal injury, damage and/or death that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, which may occur in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on copyright, trademark, false endorsement, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Each winner hereby acknowledges that Released Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other cause outside of Sponsor’s reasonable control. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
12. Winner List. To obtain winner information, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by December 31, 2023, to Spiceology at 715 E Sprague Ave #115. Spokane, WA 99202, re: Golden Tongs Sweepstakes.
13. Sponsor. Spiceology
Address: 715 E Sprague Ave #115. Spokane, WA 99202. Email: [email protected]