If you’re going to bookmark one burger recipe to use for the rest of your life – let it be this one by the guru himself, Alvin Cailan. Over the years he’s perfected the best burger recipe – from using shredded lettuce so it soaks up all those glorious juices and using small sliced dill pickles so you get a little with every bite, to using his very own formulated Burger SZN – the man knows how to build THE best burger. Add a side of next-level fries and you’ll be ruined for life (in the best way possible).
- Alvin Cailan Burger SZN, to taste
- 1 lb ground beef, 4 oz patties
- 4 burger buns, brioche
- 4 oz shredded lettuce, chiffonade
- 1 dill pickle, sliced (3 slices per burger)
- 2 oz red onion, minced (0.5 oz per burger)
- 4 American cheese, slices
Everything SZN Special Sauce
- 1/4 yellow onion, caramelized (pureed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Alvin Cailan Everything SZN, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 bag frozen crinkle-cut fries
- Alvin Cailan Fries SZN, to taste
- For the Everything SZN Special Sauce, thinly slice your yellow onion and bring a sauté pan up to med-high temperature.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan and bring to medium heat. Drop in onions and evenly coat slices with the melted butter. Caramelize for 15-20min. Stir regularly to avoid burning.
- After caramelized, place in small mixing bowl and puree with an immersion blender. Take remaining sauce ingredients and mix into pureed onions. Mix well, set in fridge.
- Form ground beef into 4oz patties (about 1/2 in thick). Set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- While beef is sitting, chiffonade the lettuce, thinly slice your pickle into 1/8 in slices, and mince your red onion. Set each aside in their own small bowl and set aside. Set oven at 425 degrees F.
- Once oven is preheated, place fries on sheet tray and bake for 20 minutes (or to temp/time the fry bag calls out).
- Bring a sauté pan (or skillet) to medium-high heat. Once to temperature, place your patties on the pan, season with the Burger SZN. Once the patties start to crisp and brown, turn flip the patties (approximately 2minutes) and season again.
- Cover the cooked side of the patties with the American cheese slices once the cheese melts remove from pan and rest. Using your pan start toasting your brioche buns. Toast buns until golden brown.
- Take out French fries and toss in bowl with Fry SZN.
- To build your burger, spread your special sauce on the bottom bun, top with lettuce, patty, pickles, red onion, sauce on the top bun and top your burger. Enjoy with your fries!!!