- 75 g dehydrated shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soy
- 1/3 cup rice wine
- 1/2 cup Chinkiang vinegar
- 1/2 cup water used to rehydrate the mushrooms
- 1–2 Tbsp Spiceology X Girl Carnivore Ooomami blend
- Rehydrate your shiitake mushrooms by steeping them in water (or if you were making ramen broth this is a great way to not waste your mushrooms). Steep for 15 minutes or until completely soft.
- Remove the mushrooms woody stalks and slice the mushroom caps into thin slices. Add to a pot and add the rest of the ingredients, mix and lightly simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place your mushrooms into a container with the prickling liquid and store in your fridge for a few months.
- These are great in ramen, on a pickle plate or as a snack!