For the Pumpkin Ice Cream:
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (about 6) egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
For the Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Spiceology Pumpkin Spice
For the Pumpkin Ice Cream
- In a medium pot combine the milk and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally
- While the milk and cream mixture heats, combine the egg yolks, sugar, and Spiceology Pumpkin Spice in a medium mixing bowl. Beat with a whisk until light and fluffy.
- Pour the scalded milk over the egg mixture all at once. Stir with a rubber spatula, using a folding motion to avoid deflating the eggs, until combined. At this point the egg mixture should be hot enough to pasteurize the eggs making them safe for consumption (140 degrees F)
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a clean and sanitized stainless steel bowl, placed over ice to cool the ice cream quickly.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt, stir the mixture occasionally until cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
For the Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce
- In a medium heavy bottom pot combine the sugar, butter, and water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the sugar mixture until it begins to turn a light amber color, watch carefully.
- Remove the caramel from the heat and slowly add the heavy cream (be careful, it will splash and steam).
- Stir in the salt and Spiceology Pumpkin Spice and cool.
- Store sauce in the refrigerator for up to one week.