ACHIOTE ROASTED CARROTS
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons Spiceology Achiote Blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Cut carrots and set aside in a bowl. In another bowl combine the remaining ingredients, except the grapeseed oil. Mix well and toss with carrots.
- Heat an ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes and add grapeseed oil. Add carrots and let sit for about 45 seconds. Toss and place in a 450 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and add a tablespoon of unsalted butter. Toss and serve!
- Serve with cured oranges and/or harissa marinated olives.