CHIPOTLE CHOCOLATE POT DE CREME WITH RASPBERRY BLONDIES
Lovers of all things chocolate, rejoice! This one is for you. Rich, dense fudge meets with just a kiss of smoked chipotle, for this restaurant dessert mainstay.
Chipotle Chocolate Pot de Crème
(Yields 2 4” ramekins or bowls)
- In a glass or heatproof measuring cup, toss chocolates and Chipotle powder together; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk: cream, egg yolks, sugar, and salt together; simmer on medium heat, until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Whisk frequently to avoid curdling.
- Remove custard from the heat, and pour over chocolate to melt; whisk or blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour pot de crème into serving bowls or ramekins, chill to set (about 4-5 hours).
Browned Butter Raspberry Blondies
(Yields 1 8x8” square pan, 12 squares)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup bread flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch Kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup raspberries, frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt and brown butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; once browned, add: eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract, whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, salt, and chocolate together; gradually fold into wet batter ingredients by hand, don't overmix!
- Scrape batter into prepared baking pan; crumble or chop frozen berries and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until golden brown and puffed.