Nothing says "comfort food" quite like meatloaf. Every home cook has their own variation of it. Some have cheese in the center, others incorporate veggies like carrots or zucchini. In this fast paced life, sometimes you just want to toss a handful of ingredients together and make something delicious. No fuss! Well, this is it, my friends. It's so easy, packed with incredible flavor and done in a little over an hour.
I like using panko bread crumbs because they help bind everything together, and don't leave large chunks of bread in the finished meatloaf. I also use beef stock in place of milk, as it makes it more flavorful. If you love regular bread crumbs and milk in your meatloaf, then by all means, swap those 2 ingredients.
Easy Meatloaf with Smoky Ketchup
Makes 8 Servings
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Smoky Honey Habanero spice rub
- 2 pounds ground beef (preferably 80/20 or 85/15)
- 3 tablespoons Greek Freak spice rub
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking dish with parchment, set aside.
- Add the ketchup, apple cider vinegar and Smoky Honey Habanero rub to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until it becomes syrupy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl add ground beef, Greek Freak, beef stock, eggs, panko, parmesan and 2 tablespoons of ketchup mixture. Using your hands, mix all ingredients together until well blended. Form into a log in the prepared baking dish. Spread the ketchup mixture over the top and bake 70-80 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.