KOREAN BBQ MEATLOAF + SANDWICH
Recipe By: Chef Tony Reed
Time: 20 minutes prep time, 80 minutes cook time
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Spiceology Korean BBQ Seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, small diced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon style mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2lb ground beef 80/20
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saute pan over medium heat sweat the onions, carrots and mushrooms 5-6 minutes add the garlic towards the end and remove from the heat once you garlic is fragrant.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, bread crumbs, Korean bbq blend, mushrooms, carrot, onion, garlic, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and beef and mix well.
- Place into a 9x5 loaf pan and bake for 80 minutes. During the last 10 minutes spoon the glaze over the loaf.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1/4 cup Kimchi (optional)
- 2 bread slices (Milk Bread if available)
- Leftover Meatloaf
- Slice leftover meatloaf into ½ in slices and bring to temp (stove top of medium heat or microwave to your liking).
- Mix mayo and sriracha together in a small bowl set aside.
- Toast your slices of bread. Spread sriracha mayo on the inside of each slice.
- Once toast place the kimchi (if you have) on the bottom slice top with meatloaf and finish with top slice of bread.
- I find it easiest to then slice the sandwich in half and enjoy!