I'm sure you've heard us say this before, but these cookies are forcing us to say it again. Spiceology rubs are not just for BBQ. That's why we encourage using some imagination to think outside the grill.
I mean seriously, these cookies were made using a spice rub that you'd normally slather all over baby back ribs or chicken. Not many spice rub companies can claim that their blends are dual purpose like that. Why? Because most are crammed with fillers, brown sugar and salt. No thanks. Our blends are all natural with no funky stuff and salt is one of the last ingredients. BOOM!
These Raspberry Chipotle Cream Cookies are like eating soft Oreos with a karate kick to your flavor taste buds. And we think that rocks.
Raspberry Chipotle Cream Cookies
Makes 16-18 Cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, raspberry chipotle, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, brown sugar and egg. Beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Pour dough onto a piece of parchment paper and create a log about 3 inches in diameter. Roll up and twist ends of parchment to secure. Chill 30 minutes.
- Unroll dough and cut into 1/4" slices and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until the tops are no longer wet looking. Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- For the filling: In a clean mixing bowl, add the butter, confectioners sugar, white sugar and vanilla and mix well to combine.
- Top on cookie with about 2 teaspoons filling and place another cookie on top and press lightly. Set aside and continue with remaining cookies.