Make Thanksgiving rubtastically delicious with our recipe for Tandoori Marinated Turkey. Slather the bird with a mixture of Tandoori Glory and Greek yogurt and marinate overnight to create the most flavorful and juicy turkey ever.
This recipe will end any future fuss over which herbs and spices to use on your roasted poultry. Our Tandoori Glory curry spice mix will knock your socks off if you're still using plain old curry powder in your Indian dishes. And this recipe is here to prove that Indian spices make any meal better!
TANDOORI MARINATED TURKEY
Makes 8-12 Servings
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels. Place in a roasting bag.
- In a medium bowl, add the Greek yogurt and Tandoori Glory spice rub and mix thoroughly. Spread the yogurt mixture all over the turkey. Tie the bag closed and place in a heavy roasting pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove turkey from refrigerator 1 hour before roasting to bring to room temperature. Remove the roasting bag and place the turkey on in a roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350ºF. Continue roasting, basting every 15 minutes with melted butter, until thermometer reads 165ºF, about 2 hours more.
- Transfer to a platter and cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest 20 minutes before carving.