This Gamja Jorim-inspired side dish has loads of layered flavor that the Korean braised potatoes dish is known for. Our Korean BBQ blend packs a punch with flavors of chile flake, soy, sesame, maple, and orange; it gives a perfectly balanced kick of spice, sweetness, savory umami, and a hint of salt – and amps up these potatoes to a ridiculously delicious level.
- 2lb Idaho® Potatoes red and gold potatoes, halved and/or quartered
- Spiceology Korean BBQ Blend, to taste
- chicken stock
- olive oil
- ¼ cup gochujang
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- green onion
- white sesame seeds
- pickled ginger, optional
- Fill a stock pot with water.
- Cut potatoes into potatoes (skin on) and place into a water bath to avoid oxidation.
- Once all your potatoes are prepped drop into stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Allow your potatoes to boil until tender (about ten minutes) or so. *You want to find the perfect moment tender enough the starches from the potatoes are pulled to the surface but not too tender where the wedges break apart.
- Carefully discard the potatoes from the water with a slotted spoon or small racket and place onto a rack in a sheet tray or if you don’t have a rack place on a sheet tray and paper towels. Place into your refrigerator uncovered to dry out overnight.
- Mix all glaze ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Heat up grill to 425° F.
- Toss cold potatoes with a light coat of olive oil and season with Spiceology Korean bbq blend. Place seasoned potatoes in a cast iron pan and put onto the grill.
- Grill for 10 minutes turning potatoes every few minutes so they get crispy on all edges.
- Once all sides are crispy, coat the potatoes with glaze and grill for 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish and serve immediately.