We are so excited to announce that we are partnering with Washington State Beef Commision to bring you some seriously delicious beefy recipes! Coming up with several recipes using different cuts of beef was a dream come true for us at Spiceology. We are calling the series “Fast Flavor” because all of the recipes are quick, easy and packed with flavor!
The first recipe in the series will be these Grilled Moroccan Meatballs and can I just tell you right now….they were so delicious that there was a mad dash for the last skewer! Seriously.
We used our Tandoori Glory spice rub mixed with some fresh minced garlic and 80/20 ground beef. Wait wait wait…don’t worry about the fat content. Whenever you’re grilling, it’s always a good idea to go with a fattier ground beef mix or you’ll end up with dried out hockey pucks. No one wants to eat that! Juicy burgers (and meatballs) come from a little extra fatty goodness. Ok, let’s just get to this super easy recipe because you really need it in your life. Serve it with warm naan and a quick Chive Yogurt (recipe follows).
Grilled Moroccan Meatballs Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 6 tablespoons Tandoori Glory Spice Rub
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 yellow onion, cut into large chunks
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, add the ground beef, Tandoori Glory, minced garlic and season with salt and pepper. Mix until just incorporated. Using wet hands, roll into balls about the size of a golf ball. Set aside.
- If using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak in warm water for 45-60 minutes prior. If using metal, begin by threading each skewer with a chunk of onion, green pepper, meatball, red pepper, tomato and repeat until the skewer has around 3 meatballs. Set aside and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place skewers on the hot grill and allows to cook for 5-7 minutes before turning. Lift carefully and turn and cook for another 8-10 minutes, or until done to your liking. Remove and serve right away with warm naan and Chive Yogurt (see below).
Chive Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Add Greek yogurt and chives to a small bowl and mix to combine.
Show us your creations by tagging #spiceology and #wabeeflove!
Disclaimer: this is a paid collaboration between Spiceology and WABeef.org. All opinions are our own.