If you’re looking for a ham recipe that will knock everyones socks off, then look no further. This Jamaican Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham is easy and oh my goodness is it delicious. We used Jamaican Jerk Rub which is packed with cinnamon, clove and allspice – all perfect accompaniments to ham. Add in some spicy Dr. Pepper and well, you just need to make it. A few hours in the oven going low and slow and this ham will have your house smelling amazing.
Jamaican Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham Recipe
- 7 lb spiral ham, bone-in
- 1 12 oz can Dr. Pepper
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk Rub
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Place ham in a rimmed baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan add the Dr. Pepper, brown sugar, Rasta Rub and apple cider vinegar, stir to combine. Bring to a boil and lower to medium-low and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until it begins to thicken and coats the back of a spoon.
- Brush Dr. Pepper mixture over the ham, reserving some for later. Cover ham with aluminum foil and bake 3 hours. Brushing the sugar mixture ever hour. Remove the foil for the last 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, cut and serve.