Get yourself a pre-smoked ham, make this Maui Wowee glaze and never look back. There’s ham and then there’s ham on vacation, and this recipe is easy to throw together and worth the time on the grill.
Our Maui Wowee Hawaiian Teriyaki blend is a fan favorite and best seller because there’s nothing else out there quite like it. Made with real pineapple powder and tamari soy granules, this blend is a match made in ham-loving heaven and a total winner if you want to try a new spin on a classic ham.
- Pre-smoked ham
- Mustard, as needed for seasoning binder
- 3–4 tablespoons Spiceology Maui Wowee blend
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch slurry
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat smoker to 250°F with wood or pellets of choice
- Cover ham with mustard and season with Spiceology Maui Wowee, place on the smoker and smoke for 3-4 hours until you reach an internal temp of 140°F/60°C, glazing with your pineapple glaze every 30 minutes.
- For the glaze, heat pineapple juice, soy sauce, Spiceology Maui Wowee and brown sugar until simmering, add your slurry and let cool slightly, taste and season accordingly.
- Once ham is cooked, slice and enjoy.