APPLEWOOD SMOKED SALT CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 3 tablespoons Wagyu tallow or olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Spiceology Applewood Smoked Salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- Pork Panko or breadcrumbs
- 2 pieces of ham
- 2 pieces of swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven or smoker to 375°F.
- Butterfly chicken breast and season with Spiceology Applewood Smoked Salt and ground pepper. Stuff with 1 piece of ham and cheese. Close chicken breast with a grill pin or toothpick.
- Combine breadcrumbs (we used Pork Panko), parmesan cheese, Applewood Smoked Salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk together eggs in a separate shallow bowl. Lay flour out on a plate.
- Press both sides of the chicken in flour, and shake off any excess. Dip both sides into egg mixture. Next, coat all over with breadcrumb mixture, patting with your fingers to adhere. Set on a plate.
- Heat oil (or tallow) in a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat until oil is hot. Fry chicken breast on each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add chopped onion to cast iron until translucent, add garlic and spinach in batches. Then add artichoke hearts, broth, cream and rest of the Parmesan cheese. Season to taste.
- Add chicken back to the pan. Place pan in preheated smoker at 375°F for 35min or until the internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F.