Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
This Miso Mac & Cheese recipe uses the Smashing Salmon blend with an acidic miso flavor and strong umami from soy and shitake mushroom, as well as hints of lemon and ginger for a kick. But the secret ingredient to great mac & cheese? Our Sodium Citrate is the perfect thickening agent.
The Spiceology X Hell’s Kitchen spice blend collaboration captures the essence of some of the show’s most viral moments and some of its most well-known dishes.
Prepped and cooked using Hexclad hybrid cookware.
Smashing Salmon Miso Mac & Cheese
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Korean Chili Flake
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology X Hell’s Kitchen Smashing Salmon Blend
- 12 oz Noodles (whatever macaroni is your favorite)
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 16 oz whole milk
- 0.2 oz Spiceology Sodium Citrate
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon chives
- Cook noodles to al dente drain and set aside.
- In a small sauce pot combine milk, blend, 1T Korean chile flake, miso.
- Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Add Sodium Citrate.
- Add cheese.
- Once it thickens into a sauce pour over mac and stir.
- Garnish with Korean chile flake remaining and chive.