Do you make your own BBQ sauce? If not, this recipe for Peach Mezcal BBQ sauce can be a great base where you can switch the preserves and the spirits (or omit) and get creative. This recipe for Pork Tenderloin with Peach Mezcal BBQ Sauce was really fast to make and has some nice sweet heat. We used Derek Wolf Smoked Chipotle Mezcal blend on the tenderloins and in the sauce to really pack a flavor punch to your taste buds.
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 2–4 tablespoons Smoked Chipotle Mezcal blend
- 1 – 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1–2 tablespoons smoked chipotle mezcal
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- Prepare your grill.
- Sprinkle the pork tenderloins with 2- 4 tablespoons of the Smoked Chipotle Mezcal blend and grill about 10 minutes, 5 minutes per side, brushing with bbq sauce.
Peach Mezcal BBQ Sauce
- Add all ingredients for the BBQ sauce to a small saucepan and simmer on low for 5-10 minutes. Store any leftover sauce in a mason jar in the refrigerator.
If you’d prefer, you can bake the tenderloins as well. Bake at 400º F for 20-25 mintues.