It’s taco time! Chef Aaron Fish takes a twist on traditional Baja Tacos featuring our New Belgium Sweet and Sour Blend infused into Voodoo Ranger V2K Juicy IPA beer batter creating the most glorious fried avocados. Using corn tortillas, chili sauce, cabbage, cilantro and lime these flavors bring home a sweet freshness that will have you wanting to eat the whole plate. Don’t be afraid to customize your toppings on this one!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons New Belgium Sweet and Sour Blend
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup Voodoo Ranger V2K Juicy IPA
- 1 large Hass avocado, sliced
- 3 corn tortillas
- Sriracha chili sauce
- purple cabbage, shredded
- fried avocados (from above)
- 1 teaspoon New Belgium Sweet and Sour Blend
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Add more beer if the batter is too thick.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees and dip avocado in beer batter. Fry 2-3 minutes until crispy.
- Strain on a wire rack before making tacos.
- Using leftover oil from frying avocado slices, dip corn tortillas in oil and crisp them up in a separate pan. Place on a plate.
- Drizzle the bottom of corn tortillas with desired amount of Sriracha sauce.
- Add shredded purple cabbage to the bottom with a piece or two of fried avocado.
- Add an extra pinch of Sweet and Sour seasoning.
- Top with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!