Every, and I do mean every, Sunday should start with this glass of deliciousness. Behold the Spicy Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon. There’s really not even a reason to eat anything with it, as the garnishes can be anything imaginable.
I’ve even seen Bloody Mary’s where mini hamburgers have been perched on skewers. I’m not suggesting that you add burgers or whole fried chickens to your Bloody, but if you’re feeling so inclined, just remember to invite me over.
For our version of the Bloody Mary we, of course, used bacon. Not just any bacon, but Spicy Candied Bacon! Yes really! It’s so easy to do when you use our Smoky Honey Habanero rub.
Just sprinkle on Smoky Honey Habanero spice rub and bake it for 15-20 minutes at 425º F and VIOLA you have the most incredibly tasty bacon ever. I like using a wire rack (cookie cooling rack) sprayed with non-stick spray set over a rimmed baking sheet to really crisp the bacon up. I flip them halfway through and that’s it. Super easy! Use this smoky sweet candied bacon for this Bloody Mary or crumbled on salads or into pasta dishes.
Spicy Bloody Mary With Candied Bacon Recipe
- 3 cups spicy tomato juice (like Spicy V8)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire or Maggi
- 4 ounces Vodka, or to taste
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lime
- Hot sauce, optional
- candied bacon (see above for instructions)
- chili salt (recipe follows)
- pickled green beans
- lime wedges
- celery stalks
- mini cheeseburgers (couldn’t help myself)
- In a large pitcher add all of the ingredients (tomato juice through hot sauce). Stir to combine.
- Rub the outer edge of 2 glasses with a lime wedge and roll in chili salt. Add a few cubes of ice to each glass and pour the tomato mixture over.
- Garnish with the candied bacon, pickled green bean, lime wedge and radish. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings
Chili Salt Recipe
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed chili flakes
Add both to a small bowl and stir together.