Black Gold Truffle Rub Steak Recipe
- Recipe by: Matt Broussard @acooknamedmatt
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Time: 25 minutes
- Steak (whatever size you have on hand)
- Sasquatch BBQ Black Gold Truffle Rub
- Flake Sea Salt
- Season your steak liberally with salt and Sasquatch BBQ Black Gold Truffle Rub.
- Heat up your cast iron skillet till ripping hot.
- Place fat side down on hot cast iron skillet (if you’re using a cut of meat without a fat side, brush one side with canola oil).
- Cook till fat renders then flip to side.
- Cook on its side until desired doneness (see temp chart below).
- Flip over and cook the other side.
- Once all sides are cooked, add in garlic thyme and butter. Baste continuously for about a minute.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a cold pan with butter. Let rest for 6-7 minutes before eating.
- Slice in and enjoy.
|Steak Doneness||Remove from Grill at this Temperature||Final Cooked Temperature|
|Rare||130 to 135°F||130 to 140°F|