Black Tux Tacos With Lime and Cotija Recipe
- 2 lbs flank steak (prime or higher preferred)
- 4 tablespoons The Grill Dad’s Black Tuxedo Rub
- 1 dozen organic corn street taco tortillas
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup white onion, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup of Mexican Crema table cream (or sour cream)
- 4 limes, quartered
- Rub the steak with the Black Tuxedo and allow it rest on the steak for a few hours.
- Take the steak out of the fridge and let sit, uncovered, for 30 minutes. While that is happening, light your grill and put on medium-high, direct heat (approximately 425°F).
- Place steak on the grill and cook, flipping a few times during the cook, until internal temperature hits 124°F (steak will rise when resting to 128°F/130°F making it medium-rare).
- Place on a cutting board and let rest at least 10 minutes. Slice into strips by cutting the steak against the grain.
- Throw the corn tortillas onto the grill to get them lightly colored.
- Take a platter and layout the tortillas. Start with meat, then a drizzle of Mexican table cream, some chopped white onions, cilantro, squeeze of lime and cotija cheese to finish. Crack a super cold Mexican pilsner or lager and enjoy!