- 5-6 skinless chicken quarters
- 2 tbsp of chopped chives, for garnish
- 1.5 tbsp of Spiceology Maui Wowee Hawaiian Rub
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup of bourbon
- 10-12 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of chili paste
- 1 tbsp of ginger paste
- 2 navel oranges, juiced
- In a food processor, blend the Maui Wowee, pineapples, teriyaki sauce, bourbon, garlic cloves, chili paste, ginger paste, orange juice and olive oil.
- Once blended well, set aside 1/2 cup of marinade.
- Pour marinade over chicken and mix thoroughly to coat. Set in fridge to marinate for 4-12 hours.
- Preheat your grill to a medium temperature (350F). Make sure grill grates are clean.
- Add sauce pan to grill to preheat for 2 minutes, then add reserved 1/2 cup of marinade to warm for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken to grill and cook for 5 minutes per side to get a good char. Begin basting with reserve marinade while flipping every 2-3 minutes until the chicken reaches 165F internal.
- Pull chicken off grill, rest for 1 minutes, top with chopped chives and enjoy!