- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Derek Wolf’s Tennesee Smoke Blend
- ½ cup of sweet cherries (pitted)
- ¼ cup of chipotle puree
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons of bourbon
- 1 ½ tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- Blend together a mix of sweet cherries, chipotle puree, honey, spicy mustard, bourbon, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire and brown sugar to make the Cherry Chipotle Sauce.
- Next, season the chicken thighs generously with Derek Wolf’s Tennesee Smoke Blend.
- Preheat your grill or fire oven to 375°F. Place your empty cast-iron skillet on the grill to preheat.
- Place your seasoned chicken thighs on your cast-iron skillet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until it reached 165°F internal temperature.
- Simmer the cherry chipotle sauce on the grill for about 10 minutes to thicken it up.
- Pulled the chicken out of the grill and brush the top of the chicken using the sauce.
- Threw it back into the oven for a minute to caramelize.