Say aloha to this savory and sweet Hawaiian shaved Brussels sprout salad! Maui Wowee is our not so secret ingredient here! The sweetness of the grilled pineapple and the crunch of the roasted walnuts all with the sweet and savory flavor of Maui Wowee will give you all the flavors of an island in a salad!
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts, cleaned and ends trimmed
- 1 whole fresh pineapple
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Spiceology Maui Wowee Blend
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- black peppercorns, fresh ground
- ½ cup walnuts
For roasted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray a baking sheet with oil, spread ½ cup walnuts out, and spray lightly. Grind fresh pepper over top. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of Maui Wowee seasoning, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Place walnuts in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Check and stir every 5 minutes. Once roasted, pull the pan out of the oven and place them in a glass bowl to prevent them from continuing to cook. Set aside and let cool.
For the grilled pineapple
- Fire up your grill to cook the pineapple.
- Peel and core fresh pineapple. Remove core and slice into spears. Season pineapple pieces with about 1 teaspoon of the Maui Wowee seasoning, or until coated.
- Grill pineapple for 2 minutes per side. Set aside to cool. Cut into bite-size pieces.
For the Brussels Sprouts
- Thinly slice Brussels sprouts using a mandoline or a sharp knife. Place into a glass bowl, and set aside.
- Using a whisk, mix together olive oil, juice of one lemon, 1 teaspoon Maui Wowee. Taste, and season with salt, pepper, and a few dashes of cayenne pepper, if you like it spicy.
- Lightly dress the brussels sprouts with your favorite dressing or vinaigrette.
- Use your favorite salad bowl and place brussels sprouts in the bowl with half the grilled pineapple.
- Top with walnuts.
- Enjoy your fresh Hawaiian salad.