Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Recipe by: Chef Justin O’neill and Chef Adam Campasino
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 1+ lbs chicken breasts (thin or butterflied)
- ½ cup Spiceology Jamaican Jerk Jamaican Jerk Rub
- 3 bunches green onion
- 1 lime
- 2 habaneros
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 12 stalks asparagus
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup+ ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Add Spiceology Jamaican Jerk, 2 whole chopped green onions, 2 habaneros, brown sugar, oil, and juice of the lime to a blender and blend well. Use this to then marinate your chicken breasts. Marinate for at least 30 minutes (we suggest doing this overnight). This will make enough to marinate more than a pound so you can save some for fish or chops later.
- Cook penne as directed on the package to al dente, strain and run cold water over pasta to stop the cooking.
- Cook chicken on grill, griddle or broiler on high until the internal temperature is 165°F. Set aside to rest.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, add butter, asparagus and bell pepper. Saute for a couple minutes. Add cream and bring to boil. Let cook for 5 minutes to reduce. Add cooked pasta, toss. Slice chicken and add to pasta, toss well and continue cooking for 1 minute. Take off heat and add 1 cup parmesan cheese and mix well until the cheese is melted. Plate on a platter or bowl and top with parmesan and green onions.