This is probably one of the easiest recipes to make – but the taste will make it seem like you spent the whole day making this amazing Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe. Just a few ingredients and some diced up fruits and BOOM…you’ve got dinner that will make your friends and family think you’re a culinary rockstar!
This recipe checks all the boxes. It’s delicious, quick and simple to make, it’s the ultimate comfort food and will feed your entire family with just one dish. In fact, we guarantee your kids will like it, too. It’s the perfect pasta meal for even the littlest (and pickiest) eaters, although you might just need to adjust the “heat” accordingly.
A weeknight chicken recipe made easy
Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal to whip up after a long day at work, or something more formal for a Sunday dinner with friends, let Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pasta be your new go-to.
The main ingredient is Spiceology’s special Jamaican Jerk Rub. Chefs Justin and Adam call it the “good stuff” and they use it as the base flavor in this recipe. It provides heat and lots of warm spices that go so well with warm chicken and cream sauce. You’ll taste hints of cinnamon, ground clove, and allspice. There’s a slight kick of heat that comes from the cayenne. It’s used to create the perfect marinade for the chicken, and Justin and Adam also sprinkle on a little extra for a pop of flavor in the sauce. Use as much or as little as you’d like.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pasta is versatile, too; you can cook your chicken on the grill if you want to entertain outdoors or throw it on a griddle indoors. Either way, if cooked at the correct temperature, it will be juicy and add the perfect protein to your pasta. You know what else is great about this dish? The veggies. The recipe calls for a little green onion, bell pepper and asparagus, but we encourage you to get creative in the kitchen and put in whatever you like. Chopped zucchini and squash would taste great too, and some sun-dried tomatoes or sugar-snapped peas would be a great addition. The possibilities are endless.
We think this dish is perfect for a cold day, when it’s raining or snowing outside, there’s nothing better than a little pasta for warmth and comfort. Pour a glass of wine, light a fire, and gather your favorite friends and family over for an easy, delicious, meal. The best part? The leftovers! This dish tastes almost as good the next day! Enjoy it reheated or even cold – we promise you’ll like it if you try it.
If you’re in a dinnertime rut and are sick of making the same dishes over and over, try this recipe. Add it to your weekly rotation or, like we suggested, host some friends and impress them with your culinary expertise. Everyone will thank you – and they’ll certainly be asking for the recipe!
How to make Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in
- 4 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk Rub
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced thin
Black Bean Mango Salsa
- 1 – 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium mango, peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- Rub chicken thighs on all sides with Jamaican Jerk Spice Rub and set aside.
- Make the salsa: add all salsa ingredients to a medium bowl and toss to combine. Set aide.
- Preheat grill to 400ºF. Using a cast-iron skillet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons avocado oil and place the seasoned chicken thighs in the skillet. Place on hot grill and cook for 4-6 minutes flipping chicken and cooking for another 4-6 minutes. Continue cooking until the juices run clear when the chicken thigh is pierced. Serve with sliced avocado and Black Bean Mango Salsa.