Jalapeno Bacon Jam
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- ½ lb bacon, diced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Isaac Toups Thunderdust Seasoning
- 1 lb lean ground beef (85/15)
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons Spiceology Isaac Toups Thunderdust Seasoning
- 3 buns of choice (kaiser rolls used)
- ½ cup mayo
- ⅛ cup stone-ground mustard
- 1 clove garlic smashed and minced
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Isaac Toups Thunderdust seasoning
- Start by making Bacon Jam. Put diced bacon in a pan over medium heat and cook for appx 20 minutes until bacon is crispy.
- Add onions and jalapenos and cook for 10 minutes, add apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and Thunderdust and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat until making burger. This can also be made ahead of time.
- Now for the patties! Break your ground beef up into 6 equal parts. If you want to weigh them, each portion would be 2.67 ounces.
- Smash the 6 patties very thin and season meat all over. Place cheese on three patties and top with the other patties. Pinch around the cheese to create 3 large patties.
- Make sure these are tight, making these patties without holes or gaps is the most important part.
- On a hot skillet or grill, add the patties and cook only for appx 2-3 minutes per side until the internal temperature is 140 degrees. DO NOT OVER COOK OR YOU WILL HAVE MOLTEN LAVA CHEESE!
- Now, let your patties rest for at least 5 minutes while you toast your buns and make your aioli.
- Now make your aioli. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayo, mustard, garlic, lemon and Thunderdust seasoning.
- Toast your buns, dollop of aioli, then the patty, a healthy portion of bacon jam on top, then a top bun with more aioli. Enjoy!