This is our final recipe from our summer collaboration with WABeef.org and we are sad that it’s come to an end. We thoroughly enjoyed working with the amazing folks at Beef (HI B!) to bring you some easy beefy deliciousness, like this Spicy Orange Beef Stir Fry. Check the end of this post for the other recipes we’ve created.
But first…Spicy Orange Beef
I mean, could it be easier? One tip – prep everything first and then cook. The whole thing can be made while the rice is steaming. For real.
Spicy Orange Beef Recipe
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 lbs beef sirloin steak, cut into bite-sized strips
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice, from 2 oranges
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon szechuan pepper
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 3 cups vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup red peppers, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup red onions, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup green peppers, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup white onion, cut into strips
- Steamed rice
- Chopped green onions
- Slivered orange peel
- In a large bowl, add the salt, pepper, soy sauce and 1/3 cup cornstarch. Whisk to combine. Add the beef strips and toss to coat. Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- In a hot wok, or large frying pan, add the orange juice, ginger, garlic, chili flakes, Szechuan peppers, rice wine vinegar and agave. Whisk to combine and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the 2 tablespoons cornstarch and whisk until thickened. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- With a clean wok or frying pan, add 2 cups vegetable oil and the chilled beef strips. Stir fry until beef is cooked to your liking, stirring constantly. Remove to a plate or bowl.
- Add remaining 1 cup vegetable oil and when hot, add the red peppers, red onion, green peppers and white onion. Stir fry until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked beef and the orange sauce and toss all to coat.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice, a sprinkle of chopped green onions and a few pieces of slivered orange rind.