- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Tandoori Glory Blend
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Greek Freak Blend
- 3 acorn squash, halved lengthwise and insides scooped out
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey (can sub for cooked lentils to be vegetarian)
- 4 oz goat cheese, save some for topping (can sub for feta)
- whole onion, diced
- 4--6 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- ½ cup pistachios, diced (save some for toppings)
- 1 ½ tablespoons diced minted (save ¼ tbsp for toppings)
- 5.3 oz plain greek yogurt
- juice half a lemon
- 2 cups cooked rice, lentils and/or barley
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut your squash in half lengthwise and scoop out all seeds plus a ¼ inch of flesh if necessary to get more filling. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 20 min.
- In a pan cook your onion and shallot still almost translucent, then add your garlic.
- Add your ground chicken or turkey to the pan. Season with salt, pepper, Smoked Paprika and Tandoori Glory. Cook until done, then add your cooked grains, pistachios, most of your goat cheese and 1 tbsp of chopped mint. Stir thoroughly and remove from heat.
- When your acorn squash are done with their first bake, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before stuffing with your meat and grain mixture.
- Top with more goat cheese and place in the oven for an additional 15-20 min.
- While the acorn squash is roasting, combine the greek yogurt, olive oil, Greek Freak Seasoning, juice from half a lemon, and salt and pepper. Mix well or shake in a squirt bottle.
- When Stuffed Squash is complete and flesh is tender, remove from oven, drizzle with sauce and top with additional cheese, pistachios and mint. Enjoy!
- Acorn Squash can be subbed for any other squash with edible skin. Delicata would be an amazing swap.
- To cut down on time and add convenience to this dish, you can use a bag of precooked grains. (We won’t tell!)
- To enhance the flavours of the blend, you can also add honey, ginger, red pepper, and turmeric.