Butter Toss Mac N’ Cheese
- 1lb of your favorite noodle (elbow, cavatappi or ridged rigatoni recommended)
- 6 cups of cheese, grated ahead of time (use an assortment of cheeses to equal your 6 cups. If you’re baking, shred some extra!)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk (can sub in 1 1/2 cups of half & half)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Sasquatch BBQ Butter Toss
- Optional: Toasted Panko breadcrumbs for topping
- If you like a baked macaroni, preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease a 3qt baking dish (commonly a 9x13) with butter or olive oil.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook your noodles till al dente, set aside and drizzle with some olive oil so they don’t become a sticky mess.
- While your water is coming to a boil, melt your butter in a large saucepan.
- Once your butter is melted, whisk in your flour until smooth and golden brown.
- Slowly pour in your milk, whisking constantly till combined. Whisk for 2-3 minutes after.
- When your milk is successfully combined, remove pot from heat and slowly add in cheese by the handfuls, again whisking constantly. Wait for the first handful to incorporate before adding more. In between handfuls add in your salt, pepper, and Sasquatch BBQ Butter Toss. (additional great spice add ons to try: 1 teaspoon Ground Mustard, pinch of Red Pepper Flake, 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika)
- Do a quick taste test and then add in your noodles, stirring gently until all the noodles are thoroughly coated.
- Pour your mac and cheese into the greased baking dish, top with extra cheese, toasted Panko breadcrumbs, little extra salt and pepper, then bake until bubbling! (Typically 10-15 minutes) Enjoy!