Sometimes you just need a quick and super satisfying recipe that’s easy to whip up and please a crowd. Can we just insert these Cajun BBQ Meatballs? They are so fast, so packed with flavor and they will be flying off the plate in no time flat. Sure, they will be totally awesome for a huge party, but they can also double as a weeknight meal. Raise your hand if you love eating food with toothpicks!
Make sure you serve these bad boys up at your next backyard gathering or dinner party. Check out just how easy they are in the video below.
Cajun BBQ Meatballs Recipe
Makes 8 Servings
- 1 – 15oz can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Black Magic Cajun Spice Rub
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
For the Meatballs
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Greek Freak rub
- 1 large egg
- In a medium saucepan, add the tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, Black Magic rub, honey, tomato paste, molasses, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, until reduced and thickened.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, bread crumbs, Greek Freak rub and egg. Mix until just combined. Roll into 2 ounce balls, about 16, and place on a cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add to BBQ sauce. Plate immediately and serve with toothpicks