Sure, everyone loves a taco, but empanadas have a distinct doughy upper hand: that crunch factor.
You can fill that crispy golden dough with pretty much whatever you want, but here Chef Ryan Wiebe seasons up some chicken thighs with our beer-infused Spiceology X Fat Tire Summer BBQ blend, throws in some cheese and calls it good.
Never tried any of our Fat Tire collab blends? Summer BBQ is a great blend all year round with onion, brown sugar, garlic, and celery salt with mild heat.
- Your favorite flaky buttery dough recipe, homemade or store bought
- Chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- Spiceology X Fat Tire Summer BBQ seasoning, as needed
- 1 medium onion, sautéed
- 1 1/2 cup of your favorite cheese, shredded
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Season your chicken with oil and Spiceology X Fat Tire Summer BBQ seasoning and roast, smoke or bbq your chicken until cooked, let cool slightly and shred the chicken.
- Make your empanada dough.
- Dice the onion and sauté it, mix in with your cooked chicken.
- Fill your dough with chicken and cheese, close the dough in a half moon and seal it with a fork around the edges.
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F
- Brush your empanadas with the egg wash and bake for 18-22 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm. The leftovers can be frozen and re-heated for a quick snack!