Do not sleep on the Spiceology Salt-Free line of spice blends! They are so packed with flavor that you won’t miss the salt. Of course, you can add salt if that’s your jam. This recipe for Grilled Mango Chicken is simple to put together and uses our Salt-Free Mango Tango spice blend. The only ingredient that may be harder to find is nam pla fish sauce so if you’re unsure about that ingredient, substitute soy sauce or coconut aminos and make this Grilled Mango Chicken right away. The marinate time should be a couple hours so the chicken has time to drink up the luscious sauce. While you’re grilling, brush the thighs with the remaining marinade – don’t waste that mango gold! Serve with coconut rice and a cold glass of [insert your drink of choice] and devour this savory chicken.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Mango Tango spice blend
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nam pla fish sauce (substitute: soy sauce or coconut aminos or omit for Salt-Free option)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or hot sauce (we used Truff)
- Cilantro and lime wedges for serving
- Put the chicken thighs in a large zip top bag, set aside.
- In a blender jar add the remaining ingredients (less the cilantro and lime wedge garnishes) and blend until smooth. Pour over the chicken. Seal the bag and massage to coat the chicken thighs. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Heat your grill and cook the chicken, brushing with remaining marinade, until cooked through and no longer pink, about 10-15 minutes. Remove and serve with fresh cilantro, lime wedges, and side dish of choice.