Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
These Homemade Smoky Honey Habanero Sweet Potato Fries are worth the extra time and effort. Bust out the frying oil – these fries are going for a dip.
This recipe is part of our monthly High Effort / Low Effort series where we give you two takes on one dish – and you decide what effort level you’re up for.
- 1 lb Sweet Potatoes
- 8 oz Ricotta
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- Parsley garnish
- 2–3 Tbsp Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero
- water to thin ricotta (optional)
- Scrub/Wash sweet potatoes well.
- Cut off each end of the sweet potato and stand them up on one flat cut end.
- Slice evenly thick slices of the potato and then cut into thick fries.
- Soak your fries in cold water for 30 minutes to1 hour to draw out starches.
- Strain out water and place one a sheet tray lined with paper towels to dry off fries.
- In a small bowl whip the ricotta, lemon juice, 1T of Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero until “fluffy” and smooth (use 1 teaspoon of water at a time for desired consistency) set aside in a ramekin for serving.
- Once the potatoes are dry bring oil up to 400 degrees in a wok of deep fry pot/pan.
- Drop in potatoes to fry. Once the potatoes start to blister try one fry to test tenderness (3-5 minutes).
- Discard fries on another paper towel lined sheet tray to strain oil off. Toss with remaining Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero.
- Plate and serve with whipped ricotta.