Hot honey is one of those food trends that are here to stay. Chef Justin O’Neill creates a simple salmon sandwich on ciabatta rolls seasoned with New Belgium Brewing’s Fat Tire Hot Honey seasoning and a hot honey aioli. The honey granules in this blend caramelize the salmon once it hits the heat. The tang from the orange peel and heat from jalapeño brings this sandwich to the next level paired with the heat and sweetness from the spicy aioli, all these ingredients work together to make this salmon sandwich a meal you will crave on repeat.
Hot Honey Salmon Ciabatta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- 1 lb salmon cut into ⅓ lb portions
- 3 ciabatta rolls
- 3 tablespoons + 1.5 tablespoons New Belgium Brewing Hot Honey Blend
- 1/2 cup mayo
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Season fish with 1 tablespoon of Hot Honey seasoning for each portion.
- Grill fish for 2-3 minutes per side.
- While fish is cooking, make aioli. Whisk mayo, honey, hot sauce, garlic, lemon and remaining seasoning.
- Once the fish is done, let rest and grill your rolls.
- Shmear your rolls with hot honey aioli on both sides then make your sandwiches. Enjoy!