Because why wouldn’t you want sweet, spicy and salty pork belly on hand at all times?
This recipe by Chef Ryan Wiebe makes it easy to have oven-roasted pork belly on the ready.
Using our Jalapeno Salt and sugar to make a great crust – this kind of prepped pork belly is great for a B.L.T., in a carbonara or with mussels.
- 2 lbs pork belly, skin-off
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup Spiceology Jalapeño Salt
- Mix together the salt and sugar.
- Cover your pork belly in all sides with the salt/sugar mix.
- Place on a covered rack and put into the fridge overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Unwrap pork belly and place in the oven, cooking for 30-40 minutes until dark brown.
- Lower your oven temperature to 250°F and continue to cook for another 45 minutes until the pork is tender, but not falling apart.
- Let cool all the way if you would like nice even slices.
- This is a very versatile way to cook pork belly and can be used many different ways!