Spring salad deliciousness! This tangy sweet and slightly salty salad serves charcuterie picnic perfection. Seasoned with our Maui Wowee Hawaiian Teriyaki Rub this salad has a great pineapple teriyaki flavor with a little kick. Need it a little more salty? Chop up a little prosciutto action.
Maui Wowee Cucumber Melon Salad
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2–4 servings 1x
- 2 tablespoons Maui Wowee Hawaiian Teriyaki Rub
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Using a mandolin, slice half the red onion super thin. In a small bowl combine the red onion and rice wine vinegar to lightly pickle them.
- Peel the cucumber and slice into thin strips lengthwise.
- Cut the watermelon and cantaloupe into quarters for more manageable slicing. Remove rind from both and seeds from cantaloupe. Thinly slice melon and add to a bowl with cucumber.
- In another small bowl combine the orange juice and Maui Wowee and whisk together to make dressing. Add to the cucumber and melon bowl. Toss to coat thoroughly.
- Plate dressed salad and top with pickled onions.