Maui Wowee Pulled Pork Takoyaki Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Spiceology Maui Wowee Blend, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup red onion, fine diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup pulled pork
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder and Maui Wowee Blend in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs with water. Add to the flour mix and fold with a spatula until mixed well. Add onion, cilantro, and pork. Mix well. Let sit for 1-2 hours under refrigeration.
- Heat a pot with 2” canola oil to 325 degrees F.
- Using a 1oz scoop, scoop batter into the oil and fry 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and toss with more Maui Wowee blend. Serve with a chile mayo, pickled ginger, and fresh pineapple.