New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
For the Shrimp
- 6 tablespoons butter butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon Isaac Toups Louisiana Lightning Cajun Blend
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp shell on
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon GirlCarnivore Over Easy Blend
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and coarsely ground pepper if desired
- 1 loaf crusty bread toasted
Cook the Shrimp
- Preheat your cast iron over a 2-zone cooking fire or grill.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and coat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until translucent and slightly browned.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the Cajun seasoning and stir to coat.
- Add the Worcestershire and hot sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add the shrimp, tossing in the onion mixture, and cooking, flipping as needed until shells become pink and shrimp is cooked through on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp, wrap in foil, and set aside.
- Working with the same cast-iron skillet, deglaze with white wine, scraping up any browned bits.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Allow the liquid to reduce until thickened and coats the back of spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Return the shrimp to coat
- Toss shrimp back in skillet, add the Over Easy blend, and toss to coat the shrimp in the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Using caution, serve directly from the skillet hot, or transfer to a warm bowl, with grilled bread and lemon wedges, if desired.
Want more Kita Roberts / Girl Carnivore recipes? Visit girlcarnivore.com