- 8 cups brioche bread cubes
- 1 pound sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Greek Freak Mediterranean Rub
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter a 3 qt baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter. Set aside.
- Place cubed bread on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium skillet add the sausage and brown over medium-high heat, about 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet add 2 tablespoons butter, onion, and red pepper and saute over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent, about 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic, Greek Freak Mediterranean Rub, and salt. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, cheese, and parsley until well combined. Stir in bread cubes, sausage and onion mixture. Pour into prepared baking dish. Cover tightly and refrigerate 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake uncovered 45-50 minutes.