We are BIG fans of Epic Mega Cookie Co. and their epic flavors created in mega-sized cookies by @chefderrickfox who you might just recognize from MasterChef fame. We’re giving away 2 of their epic mega cookies as part of our Bakers Dozen Giveaway, but just in case you don’t win that sweet, sweet prize – they were down right stellar enough to share a recipe you can make at home. But fair warning – the epic mage cookie making is NOT for the faint of heart… so if you’re not up for the challenge you can order at Epicmegacookie.com.
- 2 ¼ Cups AP Flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 6 teaspoons of Spiceology Pumpkin Spice
- ¾ Cup (7oz) Granulated Sugar
- ¾ Cup (7oz) Brown Sugar
- 1 cup (227g) Unsalted Irish Butter
- 1 cup of Creamy Peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 cup of butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ cup Flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Spiceology Pumpkin Spice
- Pinch of salted
- 7 TBSP melted Butter
Make the Topping and Frosting first.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- With a rubber spat, mix in melted butter until crumbled together
- Whip butter in stand mixer.
- Add powdered sugar until mixed well.
- Add vanilla to smooth out.
- If too thick, add a tbsp of milk or water at a time to get the consistency of frosting.
Making the Cookie:
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars for 4 minutes.
- Then add the eggs and cream on high for 6 minutes.
- Then add in Base ingredients and slowly whisk until incorporated.
- Remove bowl and mix in by hand the peanut butter chips with a rubber spatula.
- If you are making Epic Mega-sized Cookies you will need a 6 inch silicone mold.
- Place 6 oz of dough in the bottom of the mold.
- Then in the center, pipe in a tight circle, 1 oz of frosting.
- Then add 6.5 oz of dough on top to cover frosting. Pinch around the edges to seal in frosting. Top with streusel then Bake at 400º for 25-27 mins
For small cookies:
- Make a 1 oz ball of dough and smash into flat circle.
- Pipe a dollop of frosting and cover with another ounce of dough.
- Top with streusel and bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes depending on how gooey you like your cookies.