Get your savory taste buds ready for the Pumpkin Spice Chicken Wings. These are spicy and loaded with flavor, cooked right over the coals or in your smoker.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Pumpkin Spice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Pumpkin Spice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Separate the wings and pat them dry. This will ensure that they are super crispy.
- Combine the spices for the rub, then apply to the wings. Season them at least 30 minutes ahead of time, up to overnight in the fridge uncovered. Remove them from the fridge at least 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook them.
- Preheat your smoker to 250°F. If using a grill, preheat for indirect cooking.
- Place the wings on the grill and cook them for 45 minutes undisturbed.
- Add the sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan on med-low heat, stirring to melt together. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- After 45 minutes, crank up the grill to 425°F. Let the wings grill at high heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping as needed to prevent charring. Glaze the wings lightly with some of the sauce as you flip them.
- Grill until at least 175°F with an instant-read thermometer when inserted into the thickest portion of each piece.
- Remove the cooked wings from the grill and toss in a bowl with the rest of the sauce. Top with roasted pumpkin seeds as an option.
Use any type of chile powder instead of chipotle if you don’t have it.