- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups milk (dealers choice)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8th teaspoon sea salt
- 1oz sliced fresh ginger
- ¾ teaspoon Spiceology Ras El Hanout Blend
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Place egg yolks and sugars (brown and white) in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Set aside.
- Heat milk, cream, salt, ginger, and Ras El Hanout Blend in a saucepot over medium heat until just about to simmer (do NOT boil or continue to simmer).
- Remove from heat and slowly pour about 1/3 of the milk mixture, ginger and all, into the egg/sugar mixture while whisking. This is tempering the eggs, if you go too fast you will scramble the yolks and need to start over.
- Once the initial 1/3 of the mixture is incorporated, pour the remaining 2/3 in and stir. Pour back into the saucepot, ginger too, and heat over medium heat.
- Whisk/stir frequently until thickened (1-2 minutes). Do NOT bring to a simmer or boil. Pour through a strainer and add vanilla. Stir and cool for drinking!
- Garnish tips: use fresh nutmeg, ya the real nut! Grade on a micro plane to finish on a glass.