Click the play button above to watch the recipe video!
Chef Tony packs on all the good stuff for this super flavorful burger that is messy-but-worth-it delicious.
This Spiceology X Derek Wolf beer infused blend is a twist on a classic Texas Salt + Pepper blend with strong flavors of garlic, jalapeno and mesquite.
Check out more of Chef Tony’s recipes over on Youtube.
For the Burgers
- 1 lb Ground Chuck Patties (8oz)
- 4 tbsp Spiceology X Derek Wolf Smoked Garlic Jalapeno Lager blend
- 2 Sesame Brioche Buns
- 1/2 cup Cheddar, Shredded
- 2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
For the Guacamole
- 2–3 tbsp Spiceology Guac & Roll blend
- 2 Avocados, peeled and pitted
- Salt to taste
For the Pico de Gallo
- 1 Tomato, Diced
- 3/4 Onion, Diced
- 1 Jalapeno, Roasted and Diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Heat grill to 450 degrees (we used a charcoal grill).
- About 30 minutes to grill time make two 8 oz burger patties. Allow to come to room temperature. – In a small mixing bowl mix your guacamole.
- In another small mixing bowl combine all your pico de gallo ingredients, minus the jalapeno.
- Now that your grill is to temp, lather your jalapeno in oil and place over the hottest part of the grill grates to roast. Roast all around the pepper until it’s 100% scorched, place in small bowl and wrap with plastic wrap to steam. Steam for 10-15 minutes then peel the skin off the pepper and deseed.
- Dice pepper and mix it well into your pico de gallo.
- Place Patties on the grill and grill for about 3-4 minutes (until desired doneness) each side and seasoning each side, after turning the patties over paint the cooked side with your favorite bbq sauce.
- With about 1 minute left of cook time toast your buns on the grill until crispy.
- Remove the patties and buns from grill to a plate.
- Build burger from bottom up bottom bun, guacamole, pico de gallo, patty, shredded cheese, top bun.