- 1 teaspoon Christie Vanover’s Pork Rub
- 5 pounds boneless pork butt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Apply Pork Rub liberally on the pork butt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the smoker to 275F degrees.
- Add the pork butt to the smoker, fat side down. Smoke for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Flip. Smoke for 45 minutes.
- Place the butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar on two sheets of foil. Place the pork butt on top, fat side down.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup brown sugar on top of pork. Drizzle with syrup. Wrap tightly.
- Cook for 2 hours, or until the center of the butt reaches around 200F.
- Let rest for 30 minutes. Pull and toss with barbecue sauce.
Want more delicious recipes from Christie Vanover? Download her full Ebook here.