Click play to watch the above recipe video!
We’re big fans of no-recipe recipes aka flavor hack aka effort optional dishes – and these Smoky Honey Habanero Mushroom Tacos are exactly that. Pop these mushrooms in the air fryer and the honey granules in the spice blend make this amazing and light crust that will have you eating these fungi like candy. No fuss, no muss – assemble these babies with whatever you have in the fridge and suddenly veggie tacos are a thing you now love and crave.
Now meet the mean behind this no-recipe recipe. If Spiceologist and Chef Christian Gill had a motto it’d be “Season with Confidence.” You might recognize him from any number of Food Network shows, including Guy’s Grocery Games and Beat Bobby Flay – get to know Christian better with our Periodically Inspired Q&A series.
- 4 cups of chunked mushrooms
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 limes
- Favorite store-bought guacamole
- 1/8 cup Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero blend
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/8 cup of Smoky Honey Habanero, chunked mushrooms and olive oil.
- Once mushrooms are evenly coated, place in an air fryer on an even single layer and fry at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until edges are crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and dust with more Smoky Honey Habanero
- Build tacos with guac on the bottom, fried mushrooms and red onion.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice onto tacos.
- Don’t share.